Session 15/15Page 1/5 Our professional competences from the learning process
Our professional competences from the learning process
Competences to be exercised: • Making a systematic evaluation of your development as foster parents.
Theme of the session: In session 15 you will study the outcome of your work with this training in four different areas:
- The general development of the foster child and the child/caregiver relations.
- Foster parents’ competences regarding theory and practices in child care.
- The relations between the foster parents and the daily social network.
- The relations with the local environment and decision makers.
Aims of the session: The goals are to reflect and discuss your foster care development and compare your caregiving status at the start of the training with your present status in the above mentioned four different areas. When you compare the starting point of this Fairstart training with your present status you should reflect upon:
- How did the training affect our ability to care for foster children?
- Have you created a foster family that is more social, more professional and more able to offer a professional secure base for children?
- How did the training and how does your foster care affect you as a family?
- If you are a single foster parent, please reflect – by yourself – on your personal development and competences.