Session 5/13Page 10/10: Work plan: Things we will do before the next session
Work plan: Things we will do before next session
CHECKLIST FOR UNDERSTANDING
- What may cause insecure attachment behaviour in children?
- How do you recognize avoidant attachment behaviour?
- How can you act professionally towards avoidant child behaviour?
- How do you recognize ambivalent attachment behaviour?
- How can you act professionally towards ambivalent child behaviour?
- How do you recognize disorganized attachment behaviour?
- How can you act professionally towards disorganized child behaviour?
- When in a child’s life do you have the best chances of helping it develop secure attachment?
“I had a child that constantly hurt the other kids and the materials. He changed a little bit when I used the techniques that I learnt through in this session. Sometimes, I feel like he is still testing me and waiting for a mistake.”
Staff member’s statement
Describe three children in your care who,in many daily relations, show either:
- disorganized behaviour
Discuss what reactions you have in the staff when the child acts like this. When is it difficult to act securely (when the child may be provoking or avoiding contact, etc.).
AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT YOU CAN DO
Make a plan for how each of you who work with the child will meet the child in daily situations, and agree on how the child should be met in general situations.
“How will we respond when he or she does like this? How can we follow the recommendations from the session for each child?”
- Write down what you have decided about how to meet each of the three children.
- Discuss how you can practice this in your daily work until next session.
- What should the staff members do differently and be more aware of while they work?
- How will we know that we succeeded?
- Who will be responsible for recording the new practice on video or write observations of what you do differently, and how the children respond to the way we care for them?
If you wish to do some self evaluation you can open and print this small quiz here below. The solutions are written in the bottom of the page, so maybe it´s a good idea to fold the paper or cover the solutions before you start.
Thank you for your interest and good luck with your work until next session!