Sustainability – learning to protect the environmentPage 6/7: Topic D: How can you follow up on the activities?
Topic D: How can you follow up on the activities?
You can celebrate improvements suggested and made by the child groups.
After the meeting with the children it is a good idea to celebrate the ideas and the changes. What will be the best way for your children?
Here are some ideas:
- Celebration with something to eat. Maybe a green cake shaped like a house?
- Hand out diplomas for “Best observation”, “Best idea”, “Best team-work”, etc.
- Make a little speech that evaluates the meeting, to point out some of the good qualities you saw during the group work.
- Let the children point out some qualities of the process.
- Plan a party.
- Make a role play based on the story.
- Write a song about the two houses and let the children decide which melody to follow.
So what will be the best way in your case? What preparations do you need to make?